[SOLVED] I need your troubleshooting tips

rx

Sep 20, 2018
My friend recently bought a PC, he got everything connected, and when he turned on the PC everything starts for a split second and then immediately turns off. He brought it into school one day and our IT instructor examined it and concluded that it was the motherboard. Long story short he replaced it with the motherboard that Amazon sent back, which was the same model, and it still did the same thing.

A few things to note:
We replaced the power supply with another one just to make sure it wasn't a power issue, and it still did the same thing.

We took the CPU out and placed it inside one of the test builds we had in the class and everything worked fine.

We boiled it down to the motherboard, but like I said above, he got a replacement and it still did the same thing.

One of my friends that saw the front panel connectors mentioned that they did look pretty sketchy, the 6 wires were all together in one black connector marked F_PANEL. Not sure if that's normal, but I know for a fact that's not how mine were designed. But even then, the button on the case is designed to turn the power supply on and then it takes over right?

We didn't test the RAM, but wouldn't the PC still boot into bios?

If any of you have any thoughts please comment below, LITERALLY ANYTHING would help at this point, I learned that the smallest of issues can really mess with a PC, thanks.

Solution
SO now we know the specs you have to breadboard it.
Remove everything apart from 1 Stick of Ram, Cpu, hard disk
Plug the monitor into the motherboard
Turn it on, see what happens.
If it fails, move the memory to a different slot. Once all 4 slots are done, change memory and do exactly the same.

rx

Sep 20, 2018

Ram : 16 gigs of 2400 mhz
Video Card : GTX 1050
Mobo : H270 Tomahawk MSI
Power Supply: 800W Corsair
Case: H500i
CPU: I5-8600k
Not sure why the specs matter too much here what the actual hardware is really isn't the problem from what I've gathered at least thank you for replying!

SO now we know the specs you have to breadboard it.
Remove everything apart from 1 Stick of Ram, Cpu, hard disk
Plug the monitor into the motherboard
Turn it on, see what happens.
If it fails, move the memory to a different slot. Once all 4 slots are done, change memory and do exactly the same.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS