[SOLVED] I never thought using a new 144hz monitor would be so confusing *sigh*

jaged

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Hooked up my shiny new Viewsonic XG2705 144hz monitor and discover, wow, these things aren't necessarily plug and play.

I'm in the Nvidia Control Panel and there is sooo much that can be set/changed.
I'm messing with it all b/c first thing I noticed is the colors on my background scene are fairly different on the new monitor and on my dual monitor(24", 60hz LG).
The whites are way whiter on the older monitor and are kinda greyed a little on the new one.
I've gone into all the settings on the monitor itself a dozen times and everything looks fine. It's not on warmer settings or anything like that.

I've made some changes in the Nvidia Control Panel based on other things I've read.
Display>Changed Resolution
3. I changed it to Use NVIDIA Color Settings. The Output Color Format is now YCbCr444 and the only option on Output dynamic range now is Limited so it's at that.

2. Choose the Resolution.
it was at 60hz so I changed it to 144Hz but the resolution is set to 1920x1080 under PC.
Should I be using the Ultra HD, HD, SD resolutions instead? Some of them don't have the 144Hz option.
Or should I go up to Dynamic Super Resolution and use the funky settings up there?

Adjust desktop color settings:
2. I have Other applications control color settings

Video
2. How do you make color adjustments?
I have With the video player settings

Adjust video image settings
2. I have Use Use the video player settings checked for those ones.

Oh back up under 3D Settings in Nvidia Control Panel under Adjust image settings with Preview I have it set to Use the advanced 3D image settings.

I know this was a lot of info. I have no idea if any of these are correct.

I just want to get the most out of this new monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS