Question I only get a BSOD only when launching certain things.

Nath Evans

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
Only when I launch a game, in this case Dark Souls 3, I keep getting the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSoD. I have run disk checks, memory checks and even restored Windows. When I did restore Windows it worked fine for a while but then it just went back to the way it was.
If anyone could give advice or help me find a solution, I'd be very grateful.

My Specs:
4GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 960
i3 6300 CPU
128GB SSD
1TB HDD

At first glance......4GB is a pretty low amount of memory.
....and 4 GB is the minimum requirement for Dark Souls 3 and it "should" work......but I really think you are scraping with 4 GB and I think it's possible that could be the problem.

Other than that...you could try inspecting the memory slots for debris etc.....cleaning the pads on the sticks....moving the memory between slots etc.

Nath Evans

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
At first glance......4GB is a pretty low amount of memory.
....and 4 GB is the minimum requirement for Dark Souls 3 and it "should" work......but I really think you are scraping with 4 GB and I think it's possible that could be the problem.

Other than that...you could try inspecting the memory slots for debris etc.....cleaning the pads on the sticks....moving the memory between slots etc.
One thing about moving my RAM slots is that when I did move it from one slot to another, Windows would not start. Well, it would start but it wouldn't show on any of my monitors. I checked for dust/debris and there is little to nothing there and the stick is in great condition.

One thing about moving my RAM slots is that when I did move it from one slot to another, Windows would not start. Well, it would start but it wouldn't show on any of my monitors. I checked for dust/debris and there is little to nothing there and the stick is in great condition.
That seems a bit odd. I guess I would leave them in "the way they work".
Although I still think going to 8 might be a good idea.
Software is using more and more memory every day.
I think there's a good chance you might speed things up as well.

Nath Evans

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
That seems a bit odd. I guess I would leave them in "the way they work".
Although I still think going to 8 might be a good idea.
Software is using more and more memory every day.
I think there's a good chance you might speed things up as well.
I just tried it with For Honor too, it does the same thing.
I am thinking about getting new RAM but I'm very confused on how it is BSOD'ing on memory heavy games. All my other games work fine? Any advice or just literally buy more RAM?