[SOLVED] I opened bios and suddenly my EZ LED CPU debug light is on

Itsvaldo21

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
I just wanted to check if my CPU is overclocked or not, when i checked it's not OC'ed. And when i wants to exit from bios, suddenly my monitor is black and i checked my motherboard. The EZ LED CPU Debug is on. I've tried to reset CMOS and it worked, the PC can boot now and everything is great but when i close my case while the PC is on suddenly the PC is restarting again and the LED Debug is on again. I've tried to reset the CMOS again it worked but then again if i close my case the LED is activated again. Anyone know how to fix this? It'd be so appreciated.

Solution
Go into the BIOS and disable the option for detecting "chassis intrusion". Other than that, I can think of no reason why opening or closing the case would have anything at all to do with the CPU debug light coming on unless something is getting pinched. Also, it's probably worth mentioning that it's a good idea to only remove and install the side panel when the unit is turned off.

I'd double and triple check that there are no wires or anything else that might be interfering with the installation of the side panel or getting pushed into awkward angles with it installed so that they might not be connecting properly.
Go into the BIOS and disable the option for detecting "chassis intrusion". Other than that, I can think of no reason why opening or closing the case would have anything at all to do with the CPU debug light coming on unless something is getting pinched. Also, it's probably worth mentioning that it's a good idea to only remove and install the side panel when the unit is turned off.

I'd double and triple check that there are no wires or anything else that might be interfering with the installation of the side panel or getting pushed into awkward angles with it installed so that they might not be connecting properly.

Solution

Itsvaldo21

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
I can't go into BIOS, my pc won't POST. Idk what else to do honestly, switching my RAM stick to another slot made it worked in my 1st and 2nd attempt now it's not working.

No, like remove the CPU and check the pins on it to see if any of them are bent. It is a VERY common occurrence especially for novice or inexperienced builders. Even some builders who've done a few systems before make this mistake from time to time.

Before you bother with doing that though, what are your FULL hardware specifications.

CPU, motherboard, exact memory kit model, exact power supply model, CPU cooler model, model numbers of all storage devices, and any other peripherals or add on hardware such as fan or RGB controllers that might be in use as well.

TRENDING THREADS