[SOLVED] i opened ports and portfowarded and my friends still cant join my Minecraft server

Jul 19, 2021
i opened ports and portfowarded and my friends still cant join my Minecraft server. Im hosting on my local machine my friend were be able to join before but now they cant anymore. i have made tcp, udp inboud, outbound rules in firewall, portfowarded trough my 2 routers. HELP

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
i opened ports and portfowarded and my friends still cant join my Minecraft server. Im hosting on my local machine my friend were be able to join before but now they cant anymore. i have made tcp, udp inboud, outbound rules in firewall, portfowarded trough my 2 routers. HELP
Do you mind clarifying a bit, when were they able to join the server?
You can maybe try connecting your pc to the router that is directly connected to the internet instead of the one wired through the first router. This will make things a bit simpler.

Jul 19, 2021
Do you mind clarifying a bit, when were they able to join the server?
You can maybe try connecting your pc to the router that is directly connected to the internet instead of the one wired through the first router. This will make things a bit simpler.
They were able to join some time ago i don't know what went wrong, I will try just the one rutar.

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
They were able to join some time ago i don't know what went wrong, I will try just the one rutar.
Another possibility can be an ip change, just go through your ipv4 and public ip settings in the server config to make sure they are up to date.

I had the same exact issue, but I am still trying to remember what the fix was.

Install duckdns software on your computer.

When your friends want to join, instead of constantly having to figure out and give them your ip address. They can just type in YOURCUSTOMNAME.DUCKDNS.ORG:25565

Whenever you guys want to play, just make sure the duckdns app has updated with the latest ip address. It usually sits in your desktop tray.

Jul 19, 2021

Install duckdns software on your computer.

When your friends want to join, instead of constantly having to figure out and give them your ip address. They can just type in YOURCUSTOMNAME.DUCKDNS.ORG:25565

Whenever you guys want to play, just make sure the duckdns app has updated with the latest ip address. It usually sits in your desktop tray.
i have a difrent subdomain provider but tnx

Nice, glad you got it working.

Also FYI, I use duckdns because you don't have to continuously log in every 30 days to keep your custom ddns address like most other free ddns providers. It's really free and works well without headache. You may want to keep using it.