Question I overclocked my RAM and it didn't work. I changed it back, and now everything is fine, but occasionally stuttery.

Jun 12, 2019
Before this issue, everything worked great. Then I decided to OC. When I tried the 2999 XMP profile, I booted into Windows, and the screen started flickering. I changed it back to 2133 (default) and Windows booted up fine, but now I get microstutters in games (Fortnite lags, it was pristine before I tried to overclock). Now, occasionally my HDD will make the noise it makes at start up causing the whole PC to lag for a second, and then it starts spinning again (it never used to do that) - I've tried the system without the HDD and it still does the whole PC freeze thing. Also, I used to get around 1130 in Cinebench, but now it varies A LOT and I can get anywhere from 1060 - 1108. I've replaced literally every single part in the PC - including motherboard, storage, and power supply. I cloned my SSD and HDD data when I replaced them, so I'm thinking it might be a Windows / software problem. I tried clearing the CMOS and resetting the BIOS and that didn't help. I've updated all my drivers too. Any ideas? System is: Ryzen 5 1600, 2 x 8 GB G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3000, MSI B350 PC MATE, GTX 1060 OCV1, EVGA 80+ Gold G1 Fully Modular, Crucial MX 500 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB

ASK THE COMMUNITY