I own a L8400, Problem with Power...

G

I must say that I am quite impressed with the power and versitility of the laptop. Although the laptop did cost more than my car!

I would be 100% happy if it were not for this battery/power problem I have been having. For some strange reason the batteries will not charge. I have 2 batteries and both of them are drained down to 0% and they will not recharge. The strage thing is the charging light flashes on for 14 seconds, then off for 14 seconds, then back on...etc.
I took it back to the store and they replaced the power module. I got to see the guts of the laptop first hand like Tom! : ) However, even replacing the power module did not fix the problem! So I am thinking, it should not be the batteries because just overnight both of them stopped working, and they are less than 3 months old.

I am at a loss and so is my computer dealer, does anyone know what could be going on here?

I was thinking it could be a software setting in the BIOS or something stupid like that...

G

I looked on Asus main website and found a new BIOS. So I flashed the board and then there was this utility in the BIOS that allows you to "reset" the memory in the batteries. Apparently the batteries were 100% charged but the memory was some how corrupted and thought the batteries were at 0%. Strange indeed, but no harm done.

Nekros