I phone take over wi fi speeds

panoSs

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Hi.

I live on a shared house with a router without QOS or monitoring speed (virgin hub).

I have noticed when my landlady comes back from work she constantly lags me huge ping spikes in games and overall network speeds drops. I am not gonna argue with here related to that and I would rather move out in a couple of months. She has an i-phone mobile. Also her nephew from China came over as well and again i-phone seems to cause spikes. The other 2 users living here with android devices never lag me. I have started thinking maybe i-phone is the issue?
My speed is around 40mbps but drops or I freeze in games when I see i-phones connected on the web page of my router. I can have twich tv on and play normally or whatever but question is: Since I don't know what she is doing on her crappy chinese websites could it be possible there is a fault with i-phone?

Thanks

Solution
The problem is it could be anything if they are uploading to to FB that could be slowing down your connection if you have admin rights to the router you could log in and see if there are any log files or if it has realtime bandwidth usage. As far as I know of heard of there is no issue with Iphone randomly using more bandwidth never had an issue with my iphone (though I only use it of for work purposes).

ikaz

Distinguished
Well the question is even if they are causing the problem I don't think there is anything you can do since it's not your phone, your network speed will drop as more devices use the same network while no one is at home you basically have the full 40mbps, once other start using it then that is spilt up among the users.

panoSs

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Well if it's an app or sth regarding i-phone that automatically goes on or an issue regarding i-phone in general I would just like to know even out of sheer curiosity

ikaz

Distinguished
The problem is it could be anything if they are uploading to to FB that could be slowing down your connection if you have admin rights to the router you could log in and see if there are any log files or if it has realtime bandwidth usage. As far as I know of heard of there is no issue with Iphone randomly using more bandwidth never had an issue with my iphone (though I only use it of for work purposes).

Solution