[SOLVED] I plan on upgrading my CPU, will these parts work together ?

Oct 2, 2021
Currently I have a AMD Ryzen 3 1300x that I want to upgrade to a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, I was wondering if my current build parts will be compatible since I can't find them on any pc builder website.

MSI X470 Gaming plus - Motherboard

24 GB Of Ram

MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 TI - GPU

2 Hard Drives and a SSD

Corsair CX450M - Power Supply

Thanks!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The motherboard will accept the Ryzen 7 5800x but I doubt the VRM on that motherboard can handle that processor. To add, when you update the BIOS for accepting Ryzen 5000 series, you loose out on support for 1000 series processors. So if anything, I'd advised on you going to a maximum of Ryzen's 3000 series. As for the PSU, how old is that unit?

Curious, how do you have 24GBs of ram on your build?

Lutfij

Titan

The motherboard will accept the Ryzen 7 5800x but I doubt the VRM on that motherboard can handle that processor. To add, when you update the BIOS for accepting Ryzen 5000 series, you loose out on support for 1000 series processors. So if anything, I'd advised on you going to a maximum of Ryzen's 3000 series. As for the PSU, how old is that unit?

Solution
Oct 2, 2021

Thank you, the PSU is around 3-4 years old.. I guess now its time to seriously upgrade.