[SOLVED] I played a game in 4k, now my desktop and every page I open looks fuzzy in 1080p

On-A-Downer

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
As above, I usually game in 1080p but for this one (Nioh) I played in 4k.

When I closed the game I could see the text of the desktop icons was slightly fuzzy, it's a small difference but I'm here every night and I noticed immediately.

Also my mouse does not move across the screen as smoothly as it did before.

The DPI setting was at 175% even in 1080p so I changed that to 100% but it still looks strange.

It's like the contrast has been turned up on the display but I didn't change anything.

I'm using a 55" Samsung TV, I sit back in a chair and use it like a games console, also works for internet browsing.

The game looked and ran fine.

Not sure where else to go with this.

Thanks.

On-A-Downer

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
Did you try any of the fixes I sent you?

Yeh I re-installed drivers and changed USB ports.

I don't know how simply playing a game in 4k could change this.

I used 1080p desktop resolution before and it looked fine going back years, then after putting the game in 4k, 1080 looked like crap on my desktop, it was different, the mouse feeling a bit laggy happened at the same time. Now I'm typing this and the letters don't appear on screen as quickly as before.

I can only describe it as being like a frame rate dip.

Under 'advanced display settings' the refresh rate is 30hz, is that right ? I'm using a Samsung 4k TV. Model number begins "UE55..." but I can't remember the rest. I have some old mice that I've tried and they feel the same.