[SOLVED] I put my PC on my desk. Will the vibrations that appear when I touch the desk damage it on the lomg term?

Jun 12, 2019
Hello!
So, as the title says, I have moved my PC on my desk. Obviously, when I touch the desk, there is small vibrations.
I put a bottle of water on top of the PC case and the vibrations also affect the PC. Should I move the PC back on the floor?
Thank you!

EDIT: The water bottle was put there only to see if the PC case moves/'vibrates' when I touch the desk.

Last edited:
Solution
As long as your desk is solid and it's far enough from the edge, it should be fine there. I have mine there also. On the floor, you'll probably get more dust in the case etc. Though it still still happen on the desk.

Also, STOP putting water or drinks and snacks on your computer. You have spent at least hundreds if not thousands on your computer. You don't want water or soda to spill info your computer and fry it. Guys come into forums all the time with that very issue, so it does happen. Just my 2 cents.
As long as your desk is solid and it's far enough from the edge, it should be fine there. I have mine there also. On the floor, you'll probably get more dust in the case etc. Though it still still happen on the desk.

Also, STOP putting water or drinks and snacks on your computer. You have spent at least hundreds if not thousands on your computer. You don't want water or soda to spill info your computer and fry it. Guys come into forums all the time with that very issue, so it does happen. Just my 2 cents.

Solution
Jun 12, 2019

Thanks, I hope you are right. I don't necessaeily put stuff ony computer. I put the bottle just to test it.

If it is vibrating to much, put it on floor. I have mine in my desk, but my desk is really a stout table with solid metal legs.

If you place it on the floor, if you've got carpet flooring for example, what I recommend is get something like a piece of wood that's bigger than the underside of the case to sit it on. What else works that's economical is go to home Depot, Lowe's, or a hardware store that sells tiles, like marble or stone kitchen tiles. Get a couple of larger ones. Should run maybe 2 or 3 dollars each. Then set the computer on those. Main thing is with a lot of the power supplies bring bottom mounted, you want to have enough cool air flow coming into the power supply. If the computer sinks into carpet, you may be cutting down that intake.

Jun 12, 2019
If it is vibrating to much, put it on floor. I have mine in my desk, but my desk is really a stout table with solid metal legs.

If you place it on the floor, if you've got carpet flooring for example, what I recommend is get something like a piece of wood that's bigger than the underside of the case to sit it on. What else works that's economical is go to home Depot, Lowe's, or a hardware store that sells tiles, like marble or stone kitchen tiles. Get a couple of larger ones. Should run maybe 2 or 3 dollars each. Then set the computer on those. Main thing is with a lot of the power supplies bring bottom mounted, you want to have enough cool air flow coming into the power supply. If the computer sinks into carpet, you may be cutting down that intake.
I was thinking of getting something put underneath it so that it stays on the floor and I think that is what I will do next.
Thanks!