[SOLVED] I really don't know.. so help anyone... Please

Jan 25, 2020
Hi there. So I have just gotten a new system:
Ryzen 5 2600
Aorous B450 mobo
16gb Corsair ddr4 3200mhz
Rx580 8gb
That being the general core stuff I suppose. O yeah also a new 650w 80+ gold fully modular evga PSU. -side note the GPU is second hand however I was assured it was working and provided reasonable proof.
So I have been trying to set it up.
First I just did a kind of test bench thing as you do. Everything was working and spinning, lighting up and all that, except for the GPU LEDs and also the fact that it wasn't putting out any display, I did some basic trouble shooting and everything seemed to be fine, plugged in properly, clean and tidy. (It also has no integrated gfx btw) So just to see I also tried a rx570 4gb I bought for a different build at the same time, then that had the same result, everything working fine apart from the graphics card, the fans even spinning on it. I did some more troubleshooting, tried other pcie slots (same thing). Tried with 1 stick of ram, yada yada. Tried a third card, same result. I then proceeded to put the whole system together so I could make sure everything was together properly, all good, but same thing, no LEDs or display and the red VGA signal light still on. I re-read the mobo manual but nothing. I really don't know what to do and it's my birthday tomorrow so I was really hoping to get my new personal system together. Thanks for your time :)

-ps I'm from Australia

Solution
I have another system that is older. It works fine with the integrated gfx but has the same issue when a card is plugged in. However I will try and get a friend to test it in their working system.

Might be a silly question but you are plugging the video cable directly to the graphics card aren't you? The motherboard video port doesn't route video from the graphics card and often igpu is disabled when a gpu is detected.
Jan 25, 2020
I have another system that is older. It works fine with the integrated gfx but has the same issue when a card is plugged in. However I will try and get a friend to test it in their working system.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Might be a silly question but you are plugging the video cable directly to the graphics card aren't you? The motherboard video port doesn't route video from the graphics card and often igpu is disabled when a gpu is detected.

Solution