[SOLVED] I Really Need your help

ayma1aymane

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Hi
My pc keep shutting down while gaming
i cleaned the power supply and yesterday i noticed a burning smell coming from the psu
i cant buy a new one because of the Quarantine
Is it safe to use it?
i will only use my pc for desktop work like browsing internet or it will burn my pc
My configue
AMD FX 6300
GTX 960
8 GB RAM
MSI MOTHERBOARD
KCAS 500W

I need your help
THANKS

Solution
Hi
i cleaned the power supply and yesterday i noticed a burning smell coming from the psu
Is it safe to use it?
i will only use my pc for desktop work like browsing internet or it will burn my pc
My configue
AMD FX 6300
GTX 960
8 GB RAM
MSI MOTHERBOARD
KCAS 500W

I need your help
THANKS

Its not a really good quality PSU. Also shutting down while gaming probably the temps are really high or the PSU fail to deliver enough power. As you said there is a burning smell from the PSU so dont risk to use the computer until you replace it with a good one because it can easily damage other components and this will cost you more.
Hi
Is it safe to use it?
My configue
AMD FX 6300
GTX 960
8 GB RAM
MSI MOTHERBOARD
KCAS 500W

I need your help
THANKS

Its not a really good quality PSU. Also shutting down while gaming probably the temps are really high or the PSU fail to deliver enough power. As you said there is a burning smell from the PSU so dont risk to use the computer until you replace it with a good one because it can easily damage other components and this will cost you more.

Reactions: ayma1aymane
Solution

ayma1aymane

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Thanks Brother