[SOLVED] I recently added 2 new fans to my pc, but one of them is spinning at full power, How do I change this?

Jun 16, 2020
Since I added 2 new fans to the case, the motherboard didn't have any more system fan ports available, so I had to plug one into the pump fan port. I understand that this port is for aio coolers and always supplies max power, so if you plug a fan in the fan will always spin at full power, which I am sure is why this one fan is spinning at full power. I think I can manually change this in bios, but don't know how. my motherboard is this: https://www.newegg.com/msi-performance-gaming-x470-gaming-plus-max/p/N82E16813144266?item=9SIADJRBG86288&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googlemkp-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googlemkp-pc-_-pla-new-new-new-_-motherboards+-+amd-_-9SIADJRBG86288&gclid=Cj0KCQjwudb3BRC9ARIsAEa-vUt_ONSxFIBhFMsf3IC3IyS39HXxvUbX3C-0mP_j2g7UiQFHjWCsfxAaAgOhEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Solution
The AIO and W_PUMP headers on motherboards are like that by default - my motherboard has both of those.
You simply find the fan controls in bios - undering 'Monitoring', or something like that - the AIO and pump controls should be there also. Set it to PWM mode, and set the curve how you want it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The AIO and W_PUMP headers on motherboards are like that by default - my motherboard has both of those.
You simply find the fan controls in bios - undering 'Monitoring', or something like that - the AIO and pump controls should be there also. Set it to PWM mode, and set the curve how you want it.

Solution

alexbirdie

Respectable
Usually a fan-header can provide 1 A, and most fans do only need 0.15 A.
That means wit a splitter you can safely connect 3 fans to 1 fan-header.

Therefore connect all case fans to the case fan header an do not use the Pump header.

On my ASUS-board AIO-PUMP is running with full speed. Could be, tjat's the cause for your 1 case-fan running full.