[SOLVED] I recently bought a MSI 2080 super gaming trio and it seems to be under performing in most games I play. What's the issue?

Apr 7, 2020
Despite numerous sources and benchmarks claiming my setup should be able to run games at high settings and greater than 60hz, I see that it lacks in a few games. Is there any reason for this or did I spend $750 for a card that wasn't as good as I may have suspected? I ran a free benchmark to check my PCs percentile is as follows, "Overall this PC is performing below expectations (28th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 72 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas. ". Here are my computer specs as well:
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z370-A
GPU: MSI 2080supoer gaming trio
Ram: 16gb
PSU: Corsair RM850x
CPU: I7 8700k

Solution
Userbenchmark has it's uses, but you have to ignore that 'performing above/below expectations' crap.
Some people are overclocking their hardware, and yours is being compared to those scores and not the ones at stock operation; it really skews things up.

Instead, look at the average bench % and your bench %. If you're within 10% of that, then there should be no problems. In light of that:
-your HDD probably doesn't have the latest firmware, or something else is going on.
-you need to enable XMP in the bios so your memory is actually running at 3600mhz
-it would also appear one of your memory slots is dead/damaged, because it also says: "2 of 3 slots used". That mobo has 4.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Userbenchmark has it's uses, but you have to ignore that 'performing above/below expectations' crap.
Some people are overclocking their hardware, and yours is being compared to those scores and not the ones at stock operation; it really skews things up.

Instead, look at the average bench % and your bench %. If you're within 10% of that, then there should be no problems. In light of that:
-your HDD probably doesn't have the latest firmware, or something else is going on.
-you need to enable XMP in the bios so your memory is actually running at 3600mhz
-it would also appear one of your memory slots is dead/damaged, because it also says: "2 of 3 slots used". That mobo has 4.

Solution
Apr 7, 2020
I enabled XMP and it did help with the framerate a little so thank you. But I don't need to worry about one of the RAM slots being damaged if I don't plan on getting a fourth ram stick anytime soon correct?