[SOLVED] I recently bought a new ssd and my other hdd's are not recognize on my pc

MeSaMyOuNoOb7

Honorable
Mar 29, 2016
I recently bought a new m.2 SSD which I have installed in my pc and have installed windows onto it but my other HDD's are not recognized in my bios or in disk management but when I take the m.2 SSD out of my pc and turn it back on my HDD's are working. im not sure if its cause i have windows on one of the HDD's but im not sure how to fix it. been trying to fix it for the last 4 hours

MeSaMyOuNoOb7

Honorable
Mar 29, 2016
What specific SSD did you buy, and what specific motherboard do you have?
Often, use of an M.2 drive disables one or more SATA ports on the motherboard.

Knowing the exact parts can lead to an answer.
I bought the crucial p1 1tb and my motherboard is the Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard

USAFRet

Titan
You have to delve into the user manual to discover which SATA ports are disabled by use of that NVMe drive in the M.2 port.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x#sp
"* Refer to "1-7 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors. "

Your HDD's are almost certainly connected to the affected ports.
Move the SATA data cables to other ports, and they should appear as before.

Solution

MeSaMyOuNoOb7

Honorable
Mar 29, 2016
You have to delve into the user manual to discover which SATA ports are disabled by use of that NVMe drive in the M.2 port.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x#sp
"* Refer to "1-7 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors. "

Your HDD's are almost certainly connected to the affected ports.
Move the SATA data cables to other ports, and they should appear as before.
you were correct on this motherboard it was the ASATA3 0/1.

thanks you for quick response. next time if anything like this happens I will for sure check the forums before I spend 4 hours trying to figure out what it was.

TRENDING THREADS