Question I recently bought a RX570,but my monitor cable was vga,what do i do ?

OF_freeCn

Commendable
Apr 12, 2019
Well since there's a VGA port you can just buy an adapter for the cable type that goes into your monitor, for example if your monitor runs on HDMI then you get a female to male VGA to HDMI adapter.

Apr 13, 2019
Well since there's a VGA port you can just buy an adapter for the cable type that goes into your monitor, for example if your monitor runs on HDMI then you get a female to male VGA to HDMI adapter.
mine monitor is 15pin vga,but the graphic card is 9pin vga,do i buy a 9pin to 15pin vga cable adapter and a 9pin female vg

9pin - com port.
Large 25 pin - paralel LPT port.

mine monitor is 15pin vga,but the graphic card is 9pin vga,do i buy a 9pin to 15pin vga cable adapter and a 9pin female vg
9 pin plug is com port (not vga).

What is manufacturer/model name of your RX570 ? What video outputs are available on it?
What is manufacturer/model of your monitor? What video inputs are available on it?

Like the above also said:
That is a 9 pin serial com port, it does not contain any video signal. It was used for things like mice and printers a while back but still finds its way onto some newer machines.
The next port over is a parallel (printer) port that also doesn't support video signal.

You will need to plug the monitor into the graphics card output, not the motherboard io.

If your video card has an HDMI output, you can buy an adapter that your VGA cable from the monitor can plug into.
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Gold-...hy-20&linkId=e9227c1e29447db74157278d2c448c70

If your monitor has DVI you can also use an HDMI to DVI converter since both are digital video standards.
https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Prod...6gfOm_Bznu9KHfOQyoBoCwfgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
it would help to know the exact cards model and outputs.

Last edited: