i recently bought a zotac gtx 1050ti min 4gb and my motherboard is gigabyte h110m H

Ashok_40

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
my shop owner says your mobo will fry if i use gtx 1050ti because gtx 1050ti uses 75w power and he says my pcie slot will fry if my gtx 1050ti
exceeds 75w when i am playing some heavy games like witcher 3,gta 5 etc

should i replace my mobo or my shop owner is wrong

please help me

First of all, the card at STOCK power seems to use about 73W (TDP is often not very close but it is in this case).

The x16 PCIe slot is rated to supply at least 75W. The cheaper boards have less overhead, so it's hard to say how much that motherboard has but it's UNLIKELY to be an issue.

Now in THEORY he could get spikes that damage the motherboard, especially if he overclocks the card (which may not be a good idea) but unless the shop owner has SPECIFIC information on the Wattage this EXACT motherboard can support before frying it's just guessing.

*The ONLY issue I've heard of in recent years was the RX-480 which is a higher Wattage card, but despite additional power cables it was telling the motherboard to supply too much power and some cheaper boards fried.

Some boards fried with just 15W over the 75W rating (so 90W for the mathematically challenged):
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3091128/components-graphics/amd-promises-fix-for-radeon-rx-480s-controversial-spec-exceeding-power-consumption.html

So it's actually CONCEIVABLE that there could be problems. What we don't know is that motherboards tolerance. (also quick spikes don't necessarily mean that will damage the PCIe traces but they could).