Question I recently built a pc and it bluescreen of deaths a couple of times a day for seemingly no reason, how do I fix?

Jan 12, 2020
My specs are Nvidia 2070 super, Ryzen 7 3700x, 16g ddr4 ram, B450 gaming rog strix motherboard. At first I though it was cpu temps but this does not seem to be the case as it idles at mid to low 50s and maxes at mid 60s. I’ve tried moving ram slots and changing ram speed. It could be the os or a corrupted file causing the problem but it crashes while playing demanding and non demanding games and sometimes even when idle.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings.

Reliability History is more user friendly so start there.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU.

Open your build and doublecheck that all cables, cards, RAM, jumpers, etc. are fully and firmly seated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
+ details asked for in 1st post here - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

Reliability History is more user friendly so start there.

I hate that place, I always think my PC is going fine and then I visit there to find its crashing every few days and I never noticed. Can also look in system info/Software environment/Windows error reporting but its not as easy to sort as Event viewer

best place to look is dumps but they aren't user friendly.

Do you have latest BIOS? Is ram on motherboard QLV list?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020
I checked reliability history and the overwhelming majority of critical events are just summarized as Windows was not properly shut down. I will also check event viewer. All of the cables are firmly in place and my psu is a Corsair rm650x.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Automatic Memory Dump - Have Windows Create an Automatic Memory Dump on BSOD

that creates a new Memory.dmp file after the next BSOD (found on root directory of C)
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Jan 12, 2020
ok my computer crashed and I had set it to automatic memory dump however upon reboot I can find no file named memory dmp even if I type in %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP

Jan 12, 2020
update just got this “ The instruction at 0x0000000069CD6B450 referenced memory at 0x0000000069CD6B450. The required data was not placed into memory because of anI/O error status of 0xc000000e. Click ok to terminate program.” And then it bsod.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What storage drives do you have? You might want to check their health out, what make are they?

Did you move the page file as that can be one reason Dumps aren't created. Have you reduced its size?

It is also possible PC freezes and cannot create dump files in time.

try this
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Jan 12, 2020
I have a samsung SSD 860 evo 1 TB for my storage and I just checked it using Samsung magician and it says the drive health is good and there is 791 GB free. As for the file page I haven’t done anything to it.

Jan 12, 2020
Regarding the latter part of your reply when I type SFC/scannow and Repair-WindowsImage-Online-RestoreHealth into power shell when running as admin it says it’s not recognized.

Jan 12, 2020
I have tried a couple more things to fix it but nothing has worked. In addition to provide more information about the crashes it seems that a random program, wether it’s a background program or main program, will crash due to “fatal error” and then the pc will be on a sort of 1/4 speed or freeze and then crash.