I recently built my gaming PC and having some problems with performance.

ChocolateM1lk

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014
So I bought and built my gaming PC a little over a month ago and have noticed that whenever I open up certain programs/games it takes a while to open/load.

The programs that I have been running and have noticed the issue of "lag" are Dota 2, Google Chrome, and World of Warcraft.

When compared to my friends who I play the games with, it always seems that I am the last one to load into the games and it a considerable amount of time after they connect. The same issue seems to occur when I am closing the programs as well. It could take up to a minute to close out the games which gets rather irritating.

I am currently running on Windows 7 Starter (which I don't know how I ended up with) with the following components:

-Phanteks “ Enthoo Pro Series “ PH-ES614P_BK Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

-Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor BX80646I54690K

-MSI Gaming N770 TF 2GD5/OC G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

-ASUS Z97-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

-G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-

-ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

-SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply.

-Coolery Master Hyper 212 EVo - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan

-Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

I am a full on newbie when it comes to building PC's but would be very interested in learning more about the subject.

Within the past week I have run anti-virus programs, anti-malware programs, and have run disk defragment to make sure it was none of those.

I can include this if it helps:

My Windows Experience Index
Processor 7.6
Memory(RAM) 5.5
Graphics 7.9
Gaming Graphics 7.9
Primary Hard Disk 5.9

I did a speed run on speedtest.net and my download is 56.85 mbps and upload is 5.10 mbps.

After everything I can say that my computer runs the games just fine. It just takes a lot of time to conduct processes that I feel like it should not be having. Google Chrome problems consist of crashing pages and long opening times\closing program times.

loading is also related to hdd (that is why those with ssd's get in-game first)
so maybe your hdd is not running it's optimal speed for some reason.

i don't really like windows WEI, but they do give you some idea relatively speaking. why is your ram score that low i wonder

ChocolateM1lk

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014

I'm not too sure what HDD stands for but is there a way to see if it is running at optimal speeds?
Also your comment about the ram was exactly the same question I had about it.

check that your ram is running at its rated speed. for hdd, there are ways to benchmark them, google some tools (cant remember what i used sorry)
same for ram, you can use different benchmarks to test them like memtest

HDD is hard disk drive. you might also hear SSD which is solid state drive basically still the same purpose (store files) but A LOT faster than HDD but more expensive

ChocolateM1lk

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014

I've run memtest for the past 3.5 hours and no errors popped up for anything I have. The bios was set to be running at the rated speed that my ram is requiring.
I also took a look at my CPU information and will attach the pictures.

http://i58.tinypic.com/x2qs5k.png
http://i59.tinypic.com/r8xtth.png
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zpp9oh.png
http://i59.tinypic.com/fmmhsn.png

When looking at my task manager it states that my CPU Usage is 9% and my Physical Memory is at 82% currently. It varies. I have a feeling that possibly there is something causing my memory usage to max out