[SOLVED] I recently got a case for a computer for my parents to use

Feb 15, 2019
And it came with a PSU a LMS X550 PSU 550 watt I'm not to sure what to do. it doesn't seem to have any PCie cables and I'm sorry if I seem stupid quite new to building I have a PC myself but my friend helped put it together. Thanks any help will be appreciated and if you see anything in the image that looks stupid please let me know

I'll post an image if I can find how new to Tom's hardware as well :)

Solution
Thanks for your reply :)

I'd start with something like maybe a 7th or 8th gen i3 processor and the built in graphics should be enough. Though I would like the others stated I would at least upgrade to a Bronze power supply as well. There are also better cases out there as well. Also I would go with a cheap LGA 1150 motherboard. Before that though what do you think your budget is going to look like?

P.S sorry if I sounded a little irritated was going some computer work for my son and he is a perfectionist lols. I just built him a pretty sick machine as I saw your post .
Feb 15, 2019
And it came with a PSU a LMS X550 PSU 550 watt I'm not to sure what to do. it doesn't seem to have any PCie cables and I'm sorry if I seem stupid quite new to building I have a PC myself but my friend helped put it together. Thanks any help will be appreciated and if you see anything in the image that looks stupid please let me know

Images
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/acWZWY7

View: http://imgur.com/gallery/VLdNEOU

Is it this power supply? I don't think I would even use that in a PC, might be good for a breadboard / bench tester...

At least get something like this it's at least halfway decent and a very good choice for office and web surfing type of PC.

Reactions: T.Joke

animefan8910

Reputable
Jan 23, 2019

First of all If you know nothing about PCs why are you choosing cases for your parents? Second What are your going to be using this Desktop for?

Feb 15, 2019
The mother board is a H81M-S2PV
[/QUO
First of all If you know nothing about PCs why are you choosing cases for your parents? Second What are your going to be using this Desktop for?
Its just to use for basic stuff like word and I might use it for light games when travelling somewhere because it's quite small and I'm trying to get interested into computers nobody is good right from the start.

Feb 15, 2019
Its just to use for basic stuff like word and I might use it for light games when travelling somewhere because it's quite small and I'm trying to get interested into computers nobody is good right from the start.
And ik about case sizes and stuff and wanted a small compact one to fit my old motherboard/parts in.

animefan8910

Reputable
Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for your reply :)

I'd start with something like maybe a 7th or 8th gen i3 processor and the built in graphics should be enough. Though I would like the others stated I would at least upgrade to a Bronze power supply as well. There are also better cases out there as well. Also I would go with a cheap LGA 1150 motherboard. Before that though what do you think your budget is going to look like?

P.S sorry if I sounded a little irritated was going some computer work for my son and he is a perfectionist lols. I just built him a pretty sick machine as I saw your post .

Solution