[SOLVED] I recently installed a Geforce GTX 1050Ti, and when Windows boots it looks funny on the boot screen

Sep 16, 2020
I recently installed a Geforce GTX 1050Ti, and when Windows boots it looks funny on the boot screen. I've linked an image of what it looks like sometimes with a lot of speckles, other times it's just speckles but more spread out. This definitely started happening after I installed this card. Sometimes there's no artifacts at all. What I did notice is that the HP Circle that shows up initially before the black screen with the windows logo, seems to be larger, almost in the wrong resolution. The PC is an HP 8300 Elite. The original graphics were Intel HD Graphics. I also noticed that I must have done something while trying to fix this, that caused this error message for the Intel HD Graphics -

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Object Name not found.

I'm wondering if the PC is initially trying to load the Intel graphics...and it can't find them, or they are old or something. I've updated the Intel drivers to the latest version, but I guess that doesn't really matter because Windows can't load them apparently. Is there any way to fix that code error...and also, if it does look like Windows is loading the wrong Grahics Card on Boot...is there any way to make sure it loads the correct card, the Geforce GTX 1050Ti on boot?

Example link: example

Solution
check if there is a newer BIOS for the HP 8300 on the HP´s website
update it if yes

reset the BIOS by jumper clear Cmos and only connect a video cable to the gtx1050ti
be sure the power cable is connected from the PSU to the GPU as well if it needs an external power connection
check if there is a newer BIOS for the HP 8300 on the HP´s website
update it if yes

reset the BIOS by jumper clear Cmos and only connect a video cable to the gtx1050ti
be sure the power cable is connected from the PSU to the GPU as well if it needs an external power connection

Solution