I reformated my hard drive and I installed windows 7 on the drive but my laptop wont boot up anymore

dada1111

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
I reformated my hard drive and I installed windows 7 on the drive but my laptop wont boot up anymore it says to install drivers. It is not recognising the hard drive so I can install Windows 7. Where do I find the drivers to install

RealBeast

Titan
Is there any chance the drive is bad? I would test it using WD Diagnostics or SeaTools depending on the brand first (you can download them for free at Western Digital or Seagate support sites.

Once the drive is checked and okay (which I will assume is the case now), do a fresh clean install of Windows 7. As a first step choose custom install and then delete all existing partitions, then install to the single remaining unpartitioned space.

After the Windows 7 install is done (and if you are using a USB stick insure that you use it on a USB2 port!), then install the drivers for the chipset and devices that you can download from the laptop manufacturer support web site by selecting the correct laptop and OS details.

dada1111

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
I need the drivers so I can install windows 7 on the new hard drive and I went to the Toshiba site and put in my model and I get a list of all kinds of stuff and I am not sure where the drivers that I need are at Can you help please?