Question I removed and reinstalled my RAM on my laptop and now it doesn’t turn on

yqmxh

Prominent
May 7, 2018
I came back from holiday and I cleaned out my laptop before testing if it works, I clean out the dust, replace thermal paste and I took out the RAM and put it back in.
(8GB 1x8 2133mhz)

The fans blow full speed for a second, the LED indicator turns on and everything seems normal, the cpu and gpu outputs heat and the HDD spins but I just get a black screen.

I tried connecting a monitor and the monitor does not detect anything.

I’ve tried taking out the CMOS battery and I put it back it but nothing happens.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019
it is the same as my experience before. when disassembling a laptop, you better not remove the ram as it is not going to boot up the same as mine before,

what I did to fix it, first I just put a single stick of ram to my laptop and tried to boot it and it works then I shut it down then added the second stick of my ram and it works fine, after that, whenever I disassemble my laptop i just leave the ram alone, after that the laptop boots just fine. But in your case, you only have 1 stick of ram, did you try putting it on a different slot?

TRENDING THREADS