[SOLVED] I removed my GPU and my computer boots but no display

Nov 30, 2021
I have an old computer that stopped working so I put a new PSU in it and it didn't start so I started removing stuff when I removed the GPU it booted and I tried to put the display cord in the MB but I have no display but computer is booted and nothing is showed on my monitor
I'm just trying it to run doesn't need to run good just needs to run

PSU Rosewill Lepton 500
MB gigabyte ga-fa68hm-h
GPU SAPPHIRE Radeon R7 250X 1GB GDDR5 (I think)
CPU unknown

Nov 30, 2021
Well my computer boots up but whenever I shut down and plug in the GPU it doesn't do anything also my power button isn't working right so I need to jump it with a screwdriver

I would use my GPU but whenever I plug in the power it doesn't boot up
It could be dead or maybe the PSU is not good enough to power the GPU anymore.

Also is there a way I can check my CPU without booting up?
Maybe remove the cooler and read the imprint on the CPU.

It would be difficult to diagnose the particular issue without substitutes to test. The logical thing to do is to take it to a PC store nearby and let them narrow it down for you.

Nov 30, 2021

It would be difficult to diagnose the particular issue without substitutes to test. The logical thing to do is to take to to a PC store nearby and let them narrow it down for you.

Ok thanks for the help guys will take it to a PC store later today. I also don't think it's PSU because it should be same power of the old one

Is there anyway to test GPU?

Reactions: Hellfire13
Nov 30, 2021

It would be difficult to diagnose the particular issue without substitutes to test. The logical thing to do is to take to to a PC store nearby and let them narrow it down for you.

Is there a test for GPU or anything?