Question I removed my Ryzen 5 2600 cooler and put it back

Feb 7, 2019
Best answers
Hello, I tried to install my ryzen 5 2600 cooler and had to removed it because the screws did not line up (I didn't screw it yet). After that I noticed that the CPU had some thermal paste on it, just a little on one side. Then I installed my CPU cooler, will it be okay?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019
Best answers
As long as there's no paste on the underside where the pins are you're fine.
Hello, thanks for the fast response. The thermal paste is pre-applied to the cooler. The first time I didn't screw it, I just put it but the screws didn't line up. I removed it and then I put it back and installed it.

ohiou_grad_2006

Splendid
Dec 3, 2011
Best answers
However, if you ever remove the cooler for any reason, you'll need to clean off the old thermal paste (what's there now), and apply new stuff. I recommend Arctic silver 5. If you get it online, shouldn't be much more than a few bucks. Like 5-10. I like it better than the stock paste personally. Seems like over time you get slightly better temps and that it doesn't tend to dry out like stock.

Feb 7, 2019
Best answers
However, if you ever remove the cooler for any reason, you'll need to clean off the old thermal paste (what's there now), and apply new stuff. I recommend Arctic silver 5. If you get it online, shouldn't be much more than a few bucks. Like 5-10. I like it better than the stock paste personally. Seems like over time you get slightly better temps and that it doesn't tend to dry out like stock.
I put the cooler cpu, but i didn´t screw it. Then I removed it and saw that the CPU had some thermal paste on one side. Then I put the cooler and screw it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS