Question I replaced the LVDS cable & screen on my ROG GL703VD laptop, but still no display ?

epilamda

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Hello. I have a problem. Please help.

My screen suddenly died a few weeks ago and
I just bought and replaced my LVDS cable and screen on my ROG GL703VD laptop, hoping it would work again, but when i connected it there is no display.
However, when i use external display it works.

What could be the cause of the problem?

epilamda

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
You sure you looked over the motherboard for the laptop to see if any power componentry was blown, burnt or damaged? Did you replace the panel with the exact same replacement panel for your laptop?
I looked for burnt or anything that might be damaged but there is nothing. And i replaced my panel with the exact specification as the older one. I also replaced my LVDS cable. 😔 What seem to be the problem? I can use it with external display though.

Aug 15, 2023
Hello. I have a problem. Please help.

My screen suddenly died a few weeks ago and
I just bought and replaced my LVDS cable and screen on my ROG GL703VD laptop, hoping it would work again, but when i connected it there is no display.
However, when i use external display it works.

What could be the cause of the problem?
Hi , on display change is very important not to have any power source connected , battery or power cable ,because you have there continuous power circuit and if u make the change and you had battery connected is possible to make a short on that part of the board , in this case if the display and cable are corect and the laptop work with external monitor , you can go with laptop in a service and they will check display circuit ,because is most likely the problem to be there.

TRENDING THREADS