[SOLVED] I reset my computer and its slower

itzjinx7

Reputable
Nov 20, 2018
Ok so I got a virus where it just kept playing really loud ad's and music and i would delete them and they would pop back up and i would delete them from the file location and they would pop back up I would end task and they would still pop up so I reset my PC. I now notice that my computer is running a lot slower than usual. Browsing the web it can take google chrome a few seconds to open and load up. My computer will freeze up when I am trying to do a few things at once but it never used to do that until I reset it. Even in games I have reduced FPS. Specs are below

MOBO: msi gaming pro x470
CPU: ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16gb corsair vengeance lpx
GPU: zotac mini 1060 3gb
PSU: Thermaltake 600watt

Solution
Download MSI Live Update 6 from the utility page of motherboard web site and run it, it will confirm you have the latest drivers. It always helps to check Windows has the newest drivers after a reset as though it will try to find some that matches hardware, it doesn't always get the newest.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Download MSI Live Update 6 from the utility page of motherboard web site and run it, it will confirm you have the latest drivers. It always helps to check Windows has the newest drivers after a reset as though it will try to find some that matches hardware, it doesn't always get the newest.

Solution