I reset my Surface pro (new) and now windows won't work correctly.

Jun 20, 2018
For starters: The windows button in the right corner wont work, nothing happens when you press it. (You can right click and get the options menu)

Most other windows function do not work, tablet mode doesn't ever get activated, I can't pull up the menu from the right corner as you should be able to, most of the other buttons like volume, wifi etc. have no reactions when being pressed.

Also, when starting up the computer the resolution (or background_, idk) is kinda behaving strangely, and also in the corner of the screen UPDATE TO FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS appears..?

Help.

Maybe there is a way to go back to the pc before the reset? I also reset it twice now, because I tought another reset would fix it by reinstalling everything correctly, but the problem still persists...... So is there any way to recover the pc to a point 2 resets ago, without using the windows start menu?

Solution
If its new, I would take it back to store and get them to fix it. How new is it? how long have you had it?

Resets shouldn't have touched your activation, so its odd to have "UPDATE TO FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS" appear on desktop?

You can't as such roil back to how PC was before a reset since they essentially reset windows to how it was new. Or should be. we can however see if factory reset is a choice as that should set PC to how it was when you first got it. Out of box experience

ON the login screen, in right hand corner, should be a power button
Open the menu and while holding shift, click the restart button

This should restart PC in a blue menu
click Troubleshoot
Click Reset this PC
Is Factory Reset a choice?

Colif

Win 11 Master
If its new, I would take it back to store and get them to fix it. How new is it? how long have you had it?

Resets shouldn't have touched your activation, so its odd to have "UPDATE TO FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS" appear on desktop?

You can't as such roil back to how PC was before a reset since they essentially reset windows to how it was new. Or should be. we can however see if factory reset is a choice as that should set PC to how it was when you first got it. Out of box experience

ON the login screen, in right hand corner, should be a power button
Open the menu and while holding shift, click the restart button

This should restart PC in a blue menu
click Troubleshoot
Click Reset this PC
Is Factory Reset a choice?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS