I reset Windows 10 but still registry entries for Google and other old apps

Jul 9, 2018
Hi,
I recently did a reset on Windows 10 (with Remove Everything option). While I was configuring and setting up Win 10 the way I like , Chrome installed itself... at least that's what seemed to happen.

Looking through the registry I saw that there were lots of entries for Google. Also, there are still entries for older apps and drivers that were deleted during the reset.

I've uninstalled chrome, but there are still entries for Google and Chrome that I can't delete.

Is it normal that the reg isn't fully restored to original state after a reset?
Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

Solution
Did you use your Microsoft Account (the email address you registered win 10 with) as your logon? What happens is it gets info off your roaming profile and sets up desktop how other PC was. So if other PC is your last install, its just trying to be helpful.

Store will install any apps you had before but won't install any you uninstalled (So no Candy Crush if you removed it last install)

Unusual it reinstalled Chrome though, that is not even on the Windows Store

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you use your Microsoft Account (the email address you registered win 10 with) as your logon? What happens is it gets info off your roaming profile and sets up desktop how other PC was. So if other PC is your last install, its just trying to be helpful.

Store will install any apps you had before but won't install any you uninstalled (So no Candy Crush if you removed it last install)

Unusual it reinstalled Chrome though, that is not even on the Windows Store

Solution
Jul 9, 2018

Yes, I used my original microsoft login.

Thank you

TRENDING THREADS