Question I restarted my pc and now it can only play games with very bad choppy graphics and lag spikes even on the lowest settings.

Feb 22, 2019
I restarted my pc because it froze while I was playing mortal kombat x and when it came back on I wen to continue playing and when it loaded up I noticed the graphics where incredibly choppy and laggy as if my graphics card which is a gtx 750 ti could not run it but prior to this restart it was doing a very good job with it at medium settings so I decided to lower it to the lowest settings possible yet it remained the same it’s not just with this game either it’s with nba 2k19 as well. I don’t know what would cause this change but if you know what’s going on please do tell me. Any help is welcomed.

Feb 22, 2019
I downloaded msi afterburner and the usage of the gpu is normal. The fan is still spinning to so I don’t the think the hardware failed. The temperature where fine too.

Feb 22, 2019
I have a gtx 750 ti and my processor is a i5-4430. I run windows 8.1 pro. I don’t have a separate pcu I just use the one the computer came with. Not sure about the model or the make but before the restart everything was working fine. I had no trouble with electricity. The temp and the usage on the cpu seem to be normal
Too. I appreciate the help man thanks.

Feb 22, 2019
I know but I went back and I let the msi burner run for a while and I saw spikes of activity in my gpu when I wasn’t even using it. So it might have something to do with that.

Feb 22, 2019
So it usually runs at 0 percent but if I let it run for a while it jumps up to 70 percent and sometimes 100 percent and it will spike up and down like this for while.