i see only 4gb instead of 8gb

jtompros

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
i put in a asrock g41m-vs3 2x4gb corsair dd3 1333mhz and it shows 4gb. (win 10 64bit). if a take one of two off and put a 2gb ram, then it shows 6gb total. i want to use this corsair cmx4gx3m1a1333c9 like dual channel memory option. help please :(

Solution
Hello... MB Battery removal and CMOS clear/reset before changing Ram stick locations or population.

Take your time here and be slow and careful to your MB... look in your MB manual/Pdf for pictures and location of the pins. B )
1) un-plug PS from wall.
2) remove MB battery
3) place jumper pins on MB to clear the capacitors... for ~2 mins
4) remove Jumper/switch connection.
5) re-install battery

Look in your manual for the correct RAM slots you want to use/test for "Dual channel" operation with this MB.

6) plug monitor into the MB or video card output. *
7) plug in PS to wall
8) Boot computer.

*You may need to change you CPU/IGT or Video card setting in your BIOS (save&exit) depending on your MB/BIOS/Video output default.
Hello... MB Battery removal and CMOS clear/reset before changing Ram stick locations or population.

Take your time here and be slow and careful to your MB... look in your MB manual/Pdf for pictures and location of the pins. B )
1) un-plug PS from wall.
2) remove MB battery
3) place jumper pins on MB to clear the capacitors... for ~2 mins
4) remove Jumper/switch connection.
5) re-install battery

Look in your manual for the correct RAM slots you want to use/test for "Dual channel" operation with this MB.

6) plug monitor into the MB or video card output. *
7) plug in PS to wall
8) Boot computer.

*You may need to change you CPU/IGT or Video card setting in your BIOS (save&exit) depending on your MB/BIOS/Video output default.

Solution