[SOLVED] I seem to have completely bricked a brand-new system. Please help!

Born2Hula

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
So I have not long (<1week) finished building a brand new system

Asus Tuf AMD B450 Pro Atx
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
XFX Radeon rX590 8gb Fatboy
Corsair RM750
Windows 10 64

it’s been running fine, but sometimes the fan noise was a little odd under load (a loud pulsing sound). Like an absolute dumbass I downloaded AMD Overdrive to see if I could diagnose the issue or tweak it away.

After restarting my computer basically fails to boot. 1/3 timesish I’ll see the windows login screen but it’s already hard locked. The rest of the time I don’t get any video output at all. Apparently this is easy to fix from startup recovery but I just can’t get there.

So far I’ve tried;
Interrupting the boot 3x or more (does nothing)
Bashing del and f2 to enter the bios (does nothing)
Holding L-shift on startup (does nothing)
Plugging in my recovery USB (does nothing)

I’ve removed all my storage and my boot drives but the pc doesn’t output any video from either the GPU or motherboard output.

I’ve reset the CMOS AND taken out the battery and this seems to change nothing. What the frick is going on? I could fix this easily from either the bios or windows recovery but I just can’t get there. Please help, I’m at my wit’s end.

Solution
The 2700 doesn't have integrated graphics so if you plug into the system board, you won't get any output. Disconnect all but one drive that you can test installing Windows on and see if it will allow you to do that. You may also try booting with 1 stick of ram.

Born2Hula

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
The 2700 doesn't have integrated graphics so if you plug into the system board, you won't get any output. Disconnect all but one drive that you can test installing Windows on and see if it will allow you to do that. You may also try booting with 1 stick of ram.
Ahhh, thanks f

Thanks very much, I ended up doing something very similar to this. I loaded up a third drive with a clean version of windows with fast boot disabled, I was then able to use this to get in and reformat my other drives including the one with AMD Overdrive.