Question I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP PLEASE SOMEONE!

Dec 12, 2019
SO recently I purchased pc parts. I have connected all the pieces correctly, little did I know, that setting up the computer would prove more arduous. So turning it on I switched on my computer and the first thing that pops up is the windows download screen. With all going as planned I download windows 10 and all seems well.

However the next time I turned on my PC the automatic repair screen appeared. Being new to this experience I went into BIOS and launched from the windows USB and redownload windows AGAIN. This time, whenever I turned on my computer I would here a beep, my peripherals would flash of and then on again, subsequently turning on my monitor I would see my new windows home screen with input DISPLAY PORT (which was annotated at the top right corner). When I would turn on my monitor before the peripherals lit up again then the input would go back to HDMI 1 (My old windows automatic repair screen). To fix this I would just change the display input on my monitor to DISPLAY PORT.

THE PROBLEM
A couple of days ago I turned on my pc, waiting for the flash on and off again. I then turned on my monitor and was presented with the automatic repair screen. So doing what I usually would do, I turned the input on my monitor to display port. But nothing happened and the input went back to HDMI 1 (the auto repair screen). I have tried for days to change the input to displayport(my old windows) with zero success.

What sort of problem is this, monitor, windows, etc?
How can this be fixed?
How can I prevent this from occurring in the future?

Thanks
Alex

Dec 12, 2019
They are indeed new parts.
Motherboard- ROG strix x370-f gaming
Ram-TridentZ RGB 2x 8GB
power supply-Thermaltake smart RGB 500W
GPU-Galax geforce 1060 OC
CPU-Ryzen 5 2700x
cooler-Kraken x62
case- IN win infinity x
SSD- samsung 860 evo 1TB
keyboard-razer huntsman
monitor-
XG2401
24", 1ms, 144Hz Gaming Monitor
mouse-razer mamba

Dec 12, 2019
SO recently I purchased pc parts. I have connected all the pieces correctly, little did I know, that setting up the computer would prove more arduous. So turning it on I switched on my computer and the first thing that pops up is the windows download screen. With all going as planned I download windows 10 and all seems well.

However the next time I turned on my PC the automatic repair screen appeared. Being new to this experience I went into BIOS and launched from the windows USB and redownload windows AGAIN. This time, whenever I turned on my computer I would here a beep, my peripherals would flash of and then on again, subsequently turning on my monitor I would see my new windows home screen with input DISPLAY PORT (which was annotated at the top right corner). When I would turn on my monitor before the peripherals lit up again then the input would go back to HDMI 1 (My old windows automatic repair screen). To fix this I would just change the display input on my monitor to DISPLAY PORT.

THE PROBLEM
A couple of days ago I turned on my pc, waiting for the flash on and off again. I then turned on my monitor and was presented with the automatic repair screen. So doing what I usually would do, I turned the input on my monitor to display port. But nothing happened and the input went back to HDMI 1 (the auto repair screen). I have tried for days to change the input to displayport(my old windows) with zero success.

What sort of problem is this, monitor, windows, etc?
How can this be fixed?
How can I prevent this from occurring in the future?

Thanks
Alex

DSzymborski

Titan
I'm a little confused about what exactly you're doing. You keep talking about continually downloading Windows, but not a single reference to how you're installing Windows. I don't know why you're constantly making new install media for Windows on your flash drive or how you're getting in to "download" Windows without properly installing Windows. The first screen on a new Windows install from boot certainly isn't going to be a screen asking you to download Windows.

YoFavRussian

Honorable
Nov 4, 2014
I'm a little confused about what exactly you're doing. You keep talking about continually downloading Windows, but not a single reference to how you're installing Windows. I don't know why you're constantly making new install media for Windows on your flash drive or how you're getting in to "download" Windows without properly installing Windows. The first screen on a new Windows install from boot certainly isn't going to be a screen asking you to download Windows.
I'm very confused, it sounds like he's got twoinstances of Windows running at the same time

- snip-

When you build a new computer, there should be no Windows download screen there there is nothing on the drive for it to boot from.

You use an existing computer and make the Windows boot media on that, then run the setup. Unless that is what you are talking about, the Windows setup not "download".

Also a bit confusing about you switching inputs and getting different screens.

You may want to find a friend or relative near you that has some experience with computers that can look at the computer and see exactly what you are doing.