Question I set my 144hz monitor to 75hz but it feels off?

chocomintmichael

Prominent
Sep 25, 2019
I've had this monitor for a year now and up till yesterday i've played on 144hz but nowadays with streaming + playing games I cant really achieve a stable 144fps with my current set up thus reducing my monitors refresh rate. But doing so makes the monitor extremely how do I word it, slow? sluggish? Mind you I have a 60hz monitor next to it that feels absolutely fine. The sluggishness really shows when i'm playing Apex Legends. I've tried restarting the PC, unplugging the cable and even resetting the monitor settings, to no avail.

The monitor is the KG251q from Acer.

stinkycreature1

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
Well, because your monitor doesn't display as much as frames as a 144hz could do? OFC it'd feel different after having such a drastic decrease but do you have a Ryzen cpu or Intel? I prefer Ryzen because the amount of cores and threads compared to Intel. Besides, games are starting to utilize more cores so that's helpful too. It really comes down on what cpu you want it to do for a task.

chocomintmichael

Prominent
Sep 25, 2019
Well, because your monitor doesn't display as much as frames as a 144hz could do? OFC it'd feel different after having such a drastic decrease but do you have a Ryzen cpu or Intel? I prefer Ryzen because the amount of cores and threads compared to Intel. Besides, games are starting to utilize more cores so that's helpful too. It really comes down on what cpu you want it to do for a task.
Like i said in my original post im using a 60 hz monitor as well that feels fine. So its not because i switched from 144 to 75