Question I set my memory freq to max and now pc won’t boot.

Sep 15, 2020
So I changed my memory frequency to max in BIOS hoping it would resolve why my pc read 16 gb of ram but I could only use 8. I reset my cmos and swapped good ram. The pc is still unresponsive, no monitor or mouse. How can I fix this? Or is the motherboard fried? Using the x470-F ROG Strix motherboard

Sep 15, 2020
D4 3000 Trident Royal. My computer isnt turning on at all. I ordered new cmos batteries, and it should arrive 22-28th. What should I do in the meantime? I’ve drained electricity out of my current cmos twice now and nothings working. The light on my motherboard goes to yellow when i turn it on. Ive tried without gpu and with gpu (1080 ti). My cpu is probably fine (ryzen 5 3600). Do you think I need to possibly replace the ram as well?

Sep 15, 2020
I can find the clrt pins to reset it, but theres no cap/jumper that came with it. The way I reset the cmos was through taking it out and just laying it on the floor with a screwdriver put on top. Did that suffice or did I reset it incorrectly? Also another question, if I just wait for my new cmos to arrive and replace it, everything should reset assuming none of the hardware on my motherboard’s damaged?