[SOLVED] I somehow made W10 Pro boot to Administrator Account.

odehart

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
I can't figure out how I can change the boot back to my user account. It must be doable but how?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 1 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 16309 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (156 GB Free); G: 931 GB (828 GB Free); H: 465 GB (369 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
Antivirus: Norton Security, Disabled

Solution
It can sometimes also do this if the main user is corrupted so if its not a simple matter of swapping users, if you can get into the normal user it might pay to create a new local user - link - and make it admin and while logged into normal user, copy the contents of C:/users/olduserfolder onto the C:/users/newuserfolder as that will give it full access to all programs on PC, no need to reinstall anything.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It can sometimes also do this if the main user is corrupted so if its not a simple matter of swapping users, if you can get into the normal user it might pay to create a new local user - link - and make it admin and while logged into normal user, copy the contents of C:/users/olduserfolder onto the C:/users/newuserfolder as that will give it full access to all programs on PC, no need to reinstall anything.

Solution