Question I sometimes get "no signal" when turning on PC and I have to force shutdown ?

Kellerman88

Honorable
Jun 30, 2019
Hi all.

Need some help/advice about a no signal issue.

Using a LG oled tv with hdmi 2.1 cable as main and only screen. I have heard that this new gpus use display port as default and this can be normal to get this happen from time to another?

Anyway i want to ask here.
Sometimes when this happen i can just wait and click enter then screen comes back on in Windows, pc boot as normal but without screen picture, could also help to change hdmi hdr on or off in tv settings buy today nothing worked and i had to force shutoff pc with holding powerbutton for a few seconds.

Have needed to force shutoff my pc like 5 times now the last 6 months, is it any risk of hardware damage when doing this or have it nothing to say at all? Get no repair screen or anything pc boot as nothing just happened.

Appreciate if someone have time helping me :)

Hi all.

Need some help/advice about a no signal issue.

Using a LG oled tv with hdmi 2.1 cable as main and only screen. I have heard that this new gpus use display port as default and this can be normal to get this happen from time to another?

Anyway i want to ask here.
Sometimes when this happen i can just wait and click enter then screen comes back on in Windows, pc boot as normal but without screen picture, could also help to change hdmi hdr on or off in tv settings buy today nothing worked and i had to force shutoff pc with holding powerbutton for a few seconds.

Have needed to force shutoff my pc like 5 times now the last 6 months, is it any risk of hardware damage when doing this or have it nothing to say at all? Get no repair screen or anything pc boot as nothing just happened.

Appreciate if someone have time helping me :)
Not dangerous to hardware but probably due to some settings in the TV. It has to send signal to PC that is ready and in proper proper mode so it can be recognized as such.

Reactions: Kellerman88

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Using LG OLED TV myself with 3060ti (Hdmi 2.1 cable but version won't matter in sake for a display) and haven't come across this. Video port detection is what is in use, the graphics card won't simply just change order, it is auto detection.

Seems your TV needs a software update. In the meantime try a different Hdmi port on TV and try replugging Hdmi cable (when this happens), PC end if more convenient.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellerman88

Kellerman88

Honorable
Jun 30, 2019
Thanks for the help, tv software is up to date, i have noticed that sometimes is bound to happen if tv is on another channel when i turn the pc on, but it have happened a few times with the right hdmi channel on before i turn on the pc too, will change hdmi port and see if it help, there is no settings for what output it should be set on as automaticly?