Question I successfully assembled my first PC but there are a few minor problems.

Sep 8, 2020
The case was missing one standoff so my mobo is currently connected to the standoffs like:
0 0 0
0 0 X
0 0 0
How much of a risk is it to run a rig like this in the long run? I'm using the stock cooler which is rather light. Wraith Stealth Cooler is the name of the cooler I believe. The motherboard is missing a jumper for clearing cmos. I searched the boxes and motherboard but can't seem to locate one. Where are these usually located on a new board?

Sep 8, 2020
The board is an ASROCK b550m Steel Legend. Yes, I'm aware of the screwdriver method, I just don't like the fact that I'm pointing metal objects in the direction of the board. At least there's the CMOS battery, but as I understand from the manual there should be a jumper included with the board as there are clear illustrations of how to use it in the manual. Weird.

I'm currently studying system's administration, so getting a few trivial parts from the school's scrapyard of PC's shouldn't be an issue, including the jumper. I'd just hate reassembling the board cause getting those screws into the small standoff holes was a real pain in the ass because of the huge heat sinks that the board has near some of the holes. A short screwdriver and my huge, clumsy hands are such a bad combination in this spot.

I feel you man, i got big hands as well, i recently bought a magnetic screwdriver set and it helps a ton

I guess scavening the parts of an old mobo is the best way, i'd take on of your screws to test the scavenged standoff as there are multiple types with different girths