[SOLVED] I suspect Amazon sent me a Samsung 860 EVO that was swapped out for a used one from an Amazon Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieHardjagged

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
Hello,
i just wanted to ask if that Samsung Magician Program is correct with that Data i just saw, since i bought the SSD from the Amazon Warehouse store which was noted to be in "Very good conditon" but apparently already has "Total Bytes Written 2,2TB" which sounds strange, since what i bought was a 1TB model.
Would appreciate any help on that.
Cheers

Solution
Must have happend a few times already, given the written amount that was used up surpasses the capacity of the drive itself at this point already.
Thanks for the reply, i will pack the drive up and get a new one, but this time in "Brand New" condition and then will make sure this time its really "Brand New".
Cheers
The 1Tb 860 EVO has a warranty that covers 5 years or 600Tb written. So the drive still has plenty of life left in it.
https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/support/warranty/

DieHardjagged

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
Must have happend a few times, given the written amount that was used up surpasses the capacity of the drive itself at this point already.
Thanks for the reply, i will pack the drive up and get a new one, but this time in "Brand New" condition and then will make sure this time its really "Brand New".
Cheers

bignastyid

Titan
Must have happend a few times already, given the written amount that was used up surpasses the capacity of the drive itself at this point already.
Cheers
The 1Tb 860 EVO has a warranty that covers 5 years or 600Tb written. So the drive still has plenty of life left in it.
https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/support/warranty/

Reactions: DieHardjagged
Solution

DieHardjagged

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
Alright, then its not that big of a deal, thanks for the additional info and help, i appreciate that.
I think i will still contact Amazon about this and see how they will react.

DieHardjagged

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
"Very good conditon" = 'Used'
2.2TBW is absolutely 'normal'. That could easily happen in a few months of use.

Yes, but that made me realise that the HDD most likely got swapped, since the return rate for Amazon Germany is at most 1 month.
So either someone used the drive as a temporary backup or the person who bought it swapped it out with his used one and just sent it back.

Yes, but that made me realise that the HDD most likely got swapped, since the return rate for Amazon Germany is at most 1 month.
So either someone used the drive as a temporary backup or the person who bought it swapped it out with his used one and just sent it back.

Did you read what "Amazon Warehouse" is?
Amazon Warehouse
Shop great deals on quality used products

They sell used items, so yes that drive was used already. You did not buy a new product that someone swapped out and was sold to you as new. You bought a used drive, that was known to be used. Make sure you pay attention to what you get, you can't contact Amazon to ask why a used drive was used hehe.

DieHardjagged

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
Did you read what "Amazon Warehouse" is?
Amazon Warehouse
Shop great deals on quality used products

They sell used items, so yes that drive was used already. You did not buy a new product that someone swapped out and was sold to you as new. You bought a used drive, that was known to be used. Make sure you pay attention to what you get, you can't contact Amazon to ask why a used drive was used hehe.

I dont know why you make a fuzz about this, i do know what Amazon Warehouse is, its no problem at this point because i will simply return it, i already found the same drive cheaper somewhere else in brand new condition, so im not exactly sure why you thought it was necessary to add this comment, given i know how Amazon WHD works.
But i think its still helpful for those who are not aware of how Amazon WHD works i guess.
Cheers

I dont know why you make a fuzz about this, i do know what Amazon Warehouse is, its no problem at this point because i will simply return it, i already found the same drive cheaper somewhere else in brand new condition, so im not exactly sure why you thought it was necessary to add this comment, given i know how Amazon WHD works.
But i think its still helpful for those who are not aware of how Amazon WHD works i guess.
Cheers

I added it in because you were going to contact Amazon to ask why a used drive showed that it was used "I think i will still contact Amazon about this and see how they will react." That made it seem like you were not aware you got a used product. A used drive that shows information written to it is normal, Amazon support would have said "yes it's a used drive, so what you see is normal". Your other post about someone swapping the drive and sending it back also made it seem like you thought they put in a used drive when you thought you were getting a new one. I've seen that happen at times, someone buys a product, returns their old one in the new box and it gets resold as new by accident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.