• SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 NVMe
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB
  • PSU GIGABYTE P850GM 850W 80+ Gold
  • Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard
  • MSI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Mech OC 8GB GDDR6 GPU
The FANs setup is the following:
  • The green arrows indicate FANs 1-5 airflow direction
  • The red arrows indicate FANs 6-7 airflow direction

I'll try to explain the issue the best that I can. So...

The problem occurs like following:
The PC runs randomly in a state where it does not obey any specific command. For example, if I have 2 or 3 apps running at the same time, it won't close any of them if I tell him so. I can't launch task manager. If I open another app it opens but it does not run as it should. The UI does not respond as it should, floating components remain stuck on the UI when they should disappear (like the notification floating views or the context menu view).
Example of that:

The only way to get the PC out of this state is by forcing a restart from the motherboard (the small button next to the power).

I am running W10 on my pc, I install the incoming updates regularly, and I update my CPU and GPU drivers always to the latest versions. I also update my BIOS from time to time to the latest version. This error used to happen a few times per week but in the last time it seems to get worse, I run into it every day and it's driving me crazy (today it happened at least 3 times).

I suspect it could be a hardware problem since I recently ran a clean install of W10 on it, hoping this will solve the issue but it seems it didn't do the trick.
I also forgot to mention that the CPU is refrigerated by a water cooling system with a 360mm radiator & several fans. I think it never hit 100 `C (even under workload). The normal temperature is around 50 `C.

Last edited:
Could it be the PSU? I found this article online.

I will shortly Edit the post with a detailed list of my components.

It could be. That PSU is not well recieved. :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACtT_rzToI

How old is yours? If older than 2022 model, then I'd be swapping that ASAP as it can go at any time.

When you updated the bios, did you clear CMOS? If not, do that then report back.

Try DDU to uninstall the GPU driver. Then do a fresh install.

Let us know how that goes.

gtrstefan

Commendable
Jun 30, 2020
It could be. That PSU is not well recieved. :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACtT_rzToI

How old is yours? If older than 2022 model, then I'd be swapping that ASAP as it can go at any time.

When you updated the bios, did you clear CMOS? If not, do that then report back.

Try DDU to uninstall the GPU driver. Then do a fresh install.

Let us know how that goes.
Got the PSU in December 2020.

I will try to clear the CMOS and fresh install the GPU driver then I'll come back.

Ralston18

Titan
Also:

"The PC runs randomly in a state where it does not obey any specific command. For example, if I have 2 or 3 apps running at the same time, it won't close any of them if I tell him so."

Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events being captured just before or at the times the PC stops obeying.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" - could be some corrupted files involved.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Install all drivers manually. Download directly via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.