Question I swapped my Psu to fan facing down, but i have a question...

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
View: https://twitter.com/RobertM12411362/status/1197567820105691136?s=09

I decided to swap my psu to the fan facing down because I installed it incorrectly the first time, I have a vent on bottom of case so it's better this way. My question is since I switched it, can I plug in the two connectors I unplugged in the two opposite slots on psu? My psu has 2 rows of what seems to be the same connections. It's just kinda difficult now to plug the connectors into the same exact ones now that I flipped it

My personal preference is for the fan to be pointing into the case. The reasoning for this is that the PSU has no temp sensing that you can read and the dust filters will, realistically, be rarely cleaned and it'll be sucking air through those filters, so you could easily throttle the airflow into the PSU and not know about it. There is no 'wrong' way, but if you are on carpet or a hard floor with pet hair then be aware of the filters.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
My personal preference is for the fan to be pointing into the case. The reasoning for this is that the PSU has no temp sensing that you can read and the dust filters will, realistically, be rarely cleaned and it'll be sucking air through those filters, so you could easily throttle the airflow into the PSU and not know about it. There is no 'wrong' way, but if you are on carpet or a hard floor with pet hair then be aware of the filters.

I clean my PC all the time so my dust filters will never get built up with dust so I'm not worried about that, plus my pc is on a desk that I dust all the time. I've already noticed that my psu is a bit quitier now that I've swapped it and my temps seem to be lower across the board. They weren't high to begin with but I'll take lower lol