[SOLVED] i switched cpu and now no video and it wont shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2021
Hi so I switched ryzen cpus. from a ryzen 5 2600 to ryzen 7 3700x and got no video and when i press the shut down button, it will not shut down unless i switch it off from the psu. I have no idea why this is happening. My video card is an evga geforce gtx 1070 8gb and it has worked flawlessly from day 1. everything turns on and lights up even the vidoe card lights up too plus the fans start to move and run but no display and also i noticed no beep when i turned it on. i dont know what i did wrong. i'm thinking maybe my motherboard needs the BIOS update to support this ryzen 7 3700X and thats why it wont work but I'm not sure. my motherboard is a gigabyte aorus ultra gaming x470 am4.

Jul 22, 2021
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F31 before F40
what about this step-2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU-Do I need to do this one too? I know you just said the first step. Is this 2nd step required as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS