I switched from windows 8 to 7

PegasusOverLord

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I abolutly hate windows 8 so i used my window's 7 disk's "product code" to get windows 7 on my computer. everything i working fine.... except my internet drivers are broken... because while i was out, when i asked my brother to check on my computer, he decided to go to bed. Help me please.
Also: I cannot connect to any type of internet to even download things to fix this issue. So dont link me anything im using a different device to read this.

Solution
Confirm the status of your network adapter in the device manager.
http://www.howtogeek.com/167094/how-to-use-the-windows-device-manager-for-troubleshooting/

If you see a yellow exclamation point on a device, it's not working properly, and you need to update the drivers most likely. If you don't see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager list, your issue might be elsewhere.

Make sure you have the correct wi-fi password, and are on the right network.

Another common network issue standard operating procedure is to first turn off your computer. then, Turn off your router, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for it to bootup, and the light to go steady, and green. Usually about 2 minutes or more. Then turn your...

PegasusOverLord

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Correction : the adapter isnt working at all or something. Im pretty confused honestly.
And im using a laptop with no dvd/cd slot so i cant redo windows 8 with just the disk or whatever..

Blastido

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Confirm the status of your network adapter in the device manager.
http://www.howtogeek.com/167094/how-to-use-the-windows-device-manager-for-troubleshooting/

If you see a yellow exclamation point on a device, it's not working properly, and you need to update the drivers most likely. If you don't see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager list, your issue might be elsewhere.

Make sure you have the correct wi-fi password, and are on the right network.

Another common network issue standard operating procedure is to first turn off your computer. then, Turn off your router, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for it to bootup, and the light to go steady, and green. Usually about 2 minutes or more. Then turn your computer back on.

Solution