[SOLVED] I switched my GPU, and now I'm black-screening after Monitor Logo

Oct 16, 2020
So I just built a Xeon budget build, and I used a super old Radeon card to first test it before I put in my RX 470, Once I put it in, I black-screen after monitor logo, I tried switching it back to the GPU I used to install windows, and it still doesn't work.. I have seen other posts like this, and everyone has just said to change/update bios, but I don't know how to get into my bios, I am using a super cheap Chinese x79 motherboard, since its impossible to get a lga 2011 motherboard anymore.. The PC is a Xeon e5 - 1620 V2, 8gb of ram, (quad channel) RX 470, A 1tb hard drive, and a 600w power supply, Any information would be helpful, thanks!

Solution
Its a cheaper PSU, but it had good reviews, Its a Hercules 600w PSU, ATX, and non modular, It doesn't have a specific name
Wow that PSU is garbage. Only 24a(288w) on the 12v rail means it can't even deliver half it's advertised wattage where it counts. Passive PFC so the design is older than dirt. I'm going to guess these were "user" reviews as I can't see a professional reviewer giving that a good review. Get rid of that pile before it kills the system(if it hasn't already damaged something).

bignastyid

Titan
Its a cheaper PSU, but it had good reviews, Its a Hercules 600w PSU, ATX, and non modular, It doesn't have a specific name
Wow that PSU is garbage. Only 24a(288w) on the 12v rail means it can't even deliver half it's advertised wattage where it counts. Passive PFC so the design is older than dirt. I'm going to guess these were "user" reviews as I can't see a professional reviewer giving that a good review. Get rid of that pile before it kills the system(if it hasn't already damaged something).

Reactions: King_V
Solution
Oct 16, 2020
Alright, Thanks, What would you recommend? I'm trying not to spend too much, should I just go with one of the $50 evga psu's?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Click on the first link in my signature. It is a must-read.

DO NOT go cheap on the PSU. A poor-quality PSU can, if it struggles or fails, do damage to your system or even kill components.

The second link is what to go with if you MUST keep the costs of the PSU down. Still, the pandemic means that prices are elevated even with the decent budget PSUs.