[SOLVED] I think a PSU issue.

IveAlreadyJuan

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
So recently I received my PC back off a friend and they said they could never get it to work, but a friend of theirs who’s a pc technician said it was a MOBO issue. I got the PC back yesterday, changed the motherboard and RAM tried turning it on and the PSU fan moved on the button being pressed but never started and nothing else happened. I am not great with computers but have the knowledge to put on together safely, checked all the connections etc and they were all in fine. I would like your opinion as to whether you think it could be PSU based.

note: the guy I gave it to said when it wouldn’t turn on he took apart the PSU and tried changing a fuse?

So recently I received my PC back off a friend and they said they could never get it to work, but a friend of theirs who’s a pc technician said it was a MOBO issue. I got the PC back yesterday, changed the motherboard and RAM tried turning it on and the PSU fan moved on the button being pressed but never started and nothing else happened. I am not great with computers but have the knowledge to put on together safely, checked all the connections etc and they were all in fine. I would like your opinion as to whether you think it could be PSU based.

note: the guy I gave it to said when it wouldn’t turn on he took apart the PSU and tried changing a fuse?
It very well could be a PSU issue especially since the PSU was opened up. What PSU do you currently have and what is your budget for a new PSU in your currency?