I think I accidently uninstalled something that I needed for media layer to work

Tracy818

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
I was uninstalling something and I think I may have inadvertently uninstalled something important that made my media player work. I can't play any movies anymore. Is there a way to recover what was uninstalled or a place I can re-download the whole thing??? I have Windows 8 and it is the Toshiba media player.

Have you tried the Toshiba Application Installer?
"To reinstall drivers and applications:
1 To access TOSHIBA Application Installer from the Start
screen begin typing Application Installer, or while in the
Desktop screen double-click the Desktop Assist icon.
2 Click Support & Recovery.
3 Click TOSHIBA Application Installer.
The TOSHIBA Application Installer window appears.
4 Click Next.
(Sample Image) TOSHIBA Application Installer screen
5 Click the item you want to install.
(Sample Image) TOSHIBA Application Installer selection screen
6 Click Install, then follow the on-screen prompts to complete
the installation process."

Tracy818

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
I tried that and it said no results were found. I wonder if it was inadvertently uninstalled as well?? I should have stayed out of the darn program files I know but I was uninstalling something that needed to go and I do believe I got carried away trying to make space. I'm really not dumb, just think I know what I'm doing sometimes when I don't. Someone told me I might be able to reboot computer to settings from a few days ago, before this happened but not sure how. Anymore ideas??

Tracy818

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
The first link was good. I attempted system restore but it wouldn't do it. Kept saying I had to turn off my anti virus even though I did. In the end I found an excellent media player on download.com Thank you for all your help though! :)