• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question I think i broke my pc could someone give me pointers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 3, 2021
the top row move it over a pin and turn on the pc for 30 seconds then shut off and put it back the way it was the bios will have reset, you might hear beeps or something but usually you dont see any thing
I didnt hear anything or see anything but it did turn off and on like 1 time. Now the fans won't turn on, the power button won't light up, its like its dead and it was atleast turning on before now but now its not

perrynick17

Commendable
BANNED
Dec 30, 2018
if that doesn't work then move the cap over and leave the pc off for 5 minutes with the power supply plugged in and try it with the power supply unplugged if that fails to work.
move it back to original position after each attempt

Aug 3, 2021
if that doesn't work then move the cap over and leave the pc off for 5 minutes with the power supply plugged in and try it with the power supply unplugged if that fails to work move it back to original position after each attempt
So do you mean ubplug the power supply from the motherboard or do you mean unplug the power cord that goes into the power supply

ASK THE COMMUNITY