I think I chose correctly heres my thing

danscan11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Well I was going to attempt a duel boot option for win 7 & 8, why you ask?!? Because I can.... duh?!?! jokin' But seriously I am planning on setting up a duel boot for the OS's I wanna get them unto my SSD though and to tell you the truth I REALLY dont want to re-install AGAIN if there is any kind of way to somehow transfer just the OS's to the SSD I am all ears my friend. I have ALOT of apps on both systems. We had talked about where I wanna go with this and I am praying to the Intel i7 gOD'S there is a way to rip out the OS down on an SSD plate without ruining EVERYTHING. I have win 7 disk from about 6 years ago and me re-installing it lead to update purgatory and when win finally DID show up I went to Update HELL!!!!! 3 hours updating and initializing updates!!! Also win 8 was pre-install no disc I think I can find a way to order one from gateway but it'll probably take about 2 months to get to me we know my luck with logistics :/ Just lay it on me even if its the worst news I could hear.

danscan11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

your never gonna guess what I did. I started reading about overclocking and what each feature meant. After I did that I made a profile and saved it. I saved another one before that on a different profile that WAS working. ANyways I had to reboot for something, Well my pc wouldnt boot it just kept trying to reboot over and over again. I finally got it to only boot once but I couldn't get to the BIOS page. spent about 90 minutes troubleshooting what went wrong I had an AE debug code and windows would go to this thing before it told me it couldnt load it. Stating there was something wrong with my memory Well good on me for keeping the scorpion off the case and I took a flahs light and checked to make sure no cracks around the screws no wires hitting fans no loose wiring on the HDD's and what have you. Nothing wrong it didnt matter what drives I booted first I tried booting from my win 7 disc again nothing was working. So by this point I wasjust begging to get to a pre-windows screen so I could get something going in the right direction. Well it did now Im re-installing win 8 AGAIN, oh well I was gonna do it anyways and like I said no disc for it so I think it works out for the best and now I know to take OC'ing one at a time as well instead of just going ape on ALL the features not knowing everything about them. So yeah looks like my little server project is gonna have to wait while I uninstall all this win 8 bullshh.... Im also in the process of buying a new drive Im gonna get that seagate hybrid drive looks pretty sweet.

danscan11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I just noticed I used some kinda hard words in there. I apologize to anyone who might be offended. But is that against the rules? Or more like a unwritten rule kind of thing? Either way I will do my best to not have it happen again.

danscan11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I was re-installing the software off the motherboard disk and one of the installs hung on me I had to go power off and up again.........hmmmm?!? Think a hard drive is crashing on me? It kept saying hardware failure when I was trying to boot into win 7 and thats why Im here with the pretty tiles again.