[SOLVED] I think I fried my CPU

Mar 1, 2021
I build a computer recently, I have a Ryzen 7 and at some point my CPU fan died. I didn't notice until I tried to boot my computer later and I would only have a blank screen. When I turned it on I heard the hard drives and all the fans in my tower boot up and the LEDs in my ram/motherboard start up like normal but still only a blank screen. Did I fry my CPU? or is it not booting up because there is no fan. The CPU itself doesn't smell burnt nor does it have any marks or blemishes on it, looks fine on the outside.

Solution
you can swap a case fan onto the CPU fan header to try it. usually these should throttle and then shut down automatically in bios. that your motherboard did not generate alarms may be a bad sign though.
Feb 10, 2021
I build a computer recently, I have a Ryzen 7 and at some point my CPU fan died. I didn't notice until I tried to boot my computer later and I would only have a blank screen. When I turned it on I heard the hard drives and all the fans in my tower boot up and the LEDs in my ram/motherboard start up like normal but still only a blank screen. Did I fry my CPU? or is it not booting up because there is no fan. The CPU itself doesn't smell burnt nor does it have any marks or blemishes on it, looks fine on the outside.
buy a new cpu cooler and try to boot it up. overheating may cause the cpu to not work at all